National Signing Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

National Signing Day

As the class of 2020’s last year of high school is coming to an end, the athletes of this class are making tough decisions of if and where they are going to continue their academic and athletic careers. On November 13th, twelve of Farragut’s student athletes signed to play at the collegiate level at ten different schools, and in four sports. The National Signing Day for football, dance, softball, and swim is the first Wednesday of February and Farragut High School has athletes signing at seven different schools across the country. 

There were four players that signed to play football at a higher level.  Senior quarterback, Gavin Wilkinson, signed to play at University of the Cumberlands located in Williamsburg, Kentucky. After carefully choosing between eight offers, Wilkinson chose the one where he could get playing time the fastest.  Alec Keathley, standout tight end, signed to play at the University of Dayton, located in a Dayton, Ohio after receiving offers from eight other schools as well. Offensive lineman, Akoiyea Johnson, signed to play at Union College, located in Barbourville, Kentucky, after deciding between one other school. Nationally ranked long snapper, Colin Ross, signed to Duke University, located in Durham, North Carolina. Ross decided Duke was the perfect fit for the next four years of his academic and athletic career because of the exceptional education that is provided there, as well as the traditions of the football team. With Ross double majoring in biomedical engineering and business, be sure to be on the lookout for what he will achieve in his college career.

Bailey Myers has been playing softball since she was three and for the Farragut softball program since the sixth grade. She signed to play college softball at the University of Tennessee, located in Knoxville, TN. Myers has received awards such as being apart of the All District, and All Region team, as well as Rookie of the Year in her four years on the Farragut High School softball team.

Sarah Walker, a four year varsity member of Farragut Swim Team signed to swim at Southern Illionis University located in Carbondale, IL. Walker has been a top sixteen finalist at the high school state meet multiple times, as well as represented the Atomic City Aquatic Club at Sectionals. This is a meet where the best of eleven states compete.

Brenna Bocik signed to dance at The Ohio State University. With only three universities in the nation that recruit for their dance team, being one of the recruits is one of the biggest deals in the collegiate dance world. OSU Dance Team has won nationals for the last three years in a row, and are seen as one of the powerhouses in the dance team sector. Bocik has been apart of the Farragut Dance program for seven years, and has been apart of three national winning teams. Joining Brooke Thayer, a former Ad, expect to see them as National Champions next January.