Jedward Speaks Out On Mistreatment From The XFactor and Simon Cowell

Image+by+Eamonn+M.+McCormack%2FGettyIamges

Image by Eamonn M. McCormack/GettyIamges

Pop duo Jedward, John and Edward Grimes, took to twitter on Monday, April 5th, to speak out against mistreatment they and many others received from The XFactor UK, Simon Cowell and his company Syco Entertainment, and Modest! Management. 

“Every contestant on the XFactor was a slave to the show and got paid zero while [the XFactor] made millions.” said the brothers. 

During their tirade on Twitter they said that they were speaking out for former contestants, One Direction and Little Mix, who cannot due to contracts. Many fans have been speculating such claims for years. 

Image from Billboard

Jedward also claims to have received a copy of 1D’s contract, but that it was sent by mistake due to being under the same management. 

“Legally posting contracts online is gonna end up in court but we’ve known for many years the situation! Niall! Liam! Louis! Zayn! Harry! You’re survivors. There’s nothing MODEST about their previous management dictating their every move from relationships to how they live their own lives! Justice for 1D and Little Mix,” they said.

All this caused an uproar from fans on social media as well as the trending “#JUSTICEFOR1DANDLITTLEMIX” on Twitter. 

Fellow musician and former XFactor contestant Rebecaa Ferguson added to the story as well saying that an unnamed boy band member had told her that he was often thrown against walls when he tried to challenge management’s decisions about the band and the boys involved. 

She had previously spoken up about mistreatment from Syco and XFactor as well as being pressured and “bullied” into signing deals she did not want to sign. 

Image from Twitter

Jedward tweeted that by speaking out they have put themselves in a dangerous position but that their stories need to be heard. 

Image from Twitter

There has yet to be any word from Simon Cowell, Syco and Modest on the situation and claims.