Homecoming Season at Farragut High School

Farragut Football has arrived, and one of the pivotal parts of the season is coming up: Homecoming! The halls of FHS are stirring with excitement as students prepare in anticipation for spirit week, the Homecoming game, and the dance. 

The Homecoming dance is taking place on Saturday, September 28, at Farragut High School. With the theme this year being A Night Under the Stars, it is sure to be a night you won’t forget! Another tradition FHS students have is to vote for Homecoming Queen and Princess. Queen nominees are Janine Morris, Raelee Scarbough, Avery Collins, and Desiree Galleher. Voting took place on Tuesday, Sept. 24, during second block. We can’t wait to see who our Farragut Queen is this year! To buy your tickets online go to http://knoxschools.schoolcashonline.com/ . Tickets will be on sale from September 23 to September 27.

Spirit Week is a fun week filled with unique themes each day leading up to the homecoming football game. Monday is Pajama Day, while the senior girls do risky business. Tuesday is Generation Day with each different grade taking on a different generation. Wednesday is VSCO girl/Frat Boy Day. Grab your favorite jersey and wear it on Thursday. 

Raelee Scarbough, a Farragut senior and a two time winner of the court says that, “Jersey day is always one of my favorite days of spirit week!”

Lastly, you and your bestie can twin on Friday or just wear your favorite Farragut gear. Remember to show up and show out during spirit week this year and show your school spirit! 

The homecoming game is on Oct. 4, 2019 at Farragut vs. Science Hill. In honor of October being breast cancer awareness month, the theme of the game is pink out! With the Ads being 2-2 and Science Hill being 2-3, it will definitely be an interesting game! Farragut is looking for an easy homecoming win.

Raelee is excited for the game, “Hopefully our football team will pull through and the Ads will come out with a win.”

Remember to buy your ticket for homecoming and vote for your favorite person on the court! Have a fun homecoming season, Ads!