Spirit Week at FHS

Spirit Week at FHS

It’s great to be a Farragut Admiral, it’s great to be a part of the crew!

Farragut students are preparing for their homecoming game this Friday, October 4, 2019, against Science Hill. In order to get everyone pumped, all grade levels are participating in dressing up in different attire each day of the week leading up to the game.

Monday, September 30

Farragut started the week off with a sleepy Monday. All grade levels rolled out of bed Monday morning and didn’t even have to find something to wear! Everyone was permitted to wear their pajamas to school this day and even the faculty took advantage. Students and teachers alike were wearing soft and comfy attire.

Some of the senior girls take pajama day of Spirit Week and change it up a bit to “Risky Business” day. “Risky Business” is a movie from 1983 that includes a scene where actor Tom Cruise dances in his dress shirt and socks to the tune “Old Time Rock and Roll” by Bob Seger.

Alexis Masengill, a senior at FHS, commented, “I love the tradition Farragut has created. It was so special to finally be able to dress up as Risky Business after seeing the senior girls before me do it.”

The senior girls are so excited to be able to participate in the on going tradition, and who wouldn’t want to wear their PJs to school?

Tuesday, October 1

The second day of the week called for a bit more effort from the students of Farragut High School. The theme for Tuesday was Generation Day. What does that mean? Well Generation Day is where the freshman class dresses as babies, the sophomore class dresses as kids, the junior class dresses as adults, and the senior class dresses as the elderly!

Wednesday, October 2

For the third day of spirit week, students will be dressing up as either a frat boy or VSCO girl. If you’re unsure what VSCO is, it is an app like Instagram where you have creative freedom to post and edit photos; a VSCO girl dresses in a big, baggy t-shirt, athletic shorts, Birkenstock’s, scrunchies, and always carrying a Hydroflask. If you want to take the frat boy route, khaki shorts and a bright colored button down are the way to go!

Emma Poindexter, a senior at FHS, said, “This idea was so easy to find something to wear, so I had to dress up.”

We’re sure that you have a baggy t-shirt or khakis in your closet, so there is no reason to not dress up!

Frat Boy attire
VSCO Girl Attire

Thursday, October 3

Support your team and wear your favorite jersey! Jersey Day is pretty self-explanatory; wear a jersey supporting whatever sport you choose. That’s it! It’s so easy that everyone should participate!

Masengill stated, “Jersey day is definitely my favorite idea. It is just so easy and cheap to find an outfit to wear.”

Even if you don’t have a jersey to wear I’m sure your parents have a “vintage” one you can wear. Don’t tell them we said that!

Friday, October 4

It is finally game day, so we’re going out with a bang! For the finale, it’s Twin Day! Choose a partner, or two, and wear identical outfits! You can recreate characters from a TV show or movie, wear matching shirts, or go all out with a funky, bright colored outfit! It doesn’t matter as long as we can’t tell you apart!

Friday Night

Come out and support your Ads all decked out in pink! October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, so the theme is Pink Out in support! Hope to see you at Clabo Field at 7:30 p.m.!

Emma Poindexter said, “Spirit Week makes me so excited for the football game! Why would you dress up all week and not even go to the game it’s for?”

Emma said it best! It is not Spirit Week if you don’t have spirit for the game! See you there!