Farragut High School Presents: The Sound of Music

The halls of Farragut High School are alive with the sound of music. This December, Farragut High School’s musical theater program will bring the Sound of Music to life. Performances are set to be held in the main auditorium with four different opportunities to come enjoy the show. Dec. 12, 13 and 14 offer shows starting at 7 p.m. and a 3 p.m. matinee show on Dec. 15. Student tickets are $5, while general admission is $10. Auditorium doors will be open 30 minutes prior to showtime, and the duration of the show is about two hours.

The musical theater program consists of around 35 Farragut High School students (with ages ranging from freshmen to seniors) who have been working on the show since the end of August 2019 under the guidance of theater teacher, Mr. Wooley. The Sound of Music will include not only singing and acting, but also dancing and multiple sets made by Farragut’s stagecraft crew.

Lilli Bryan, a junior and first-year musical theater student, comments on her feelings about the upcoming show, “It’s going to be such an amazing show that everyone has worked so hard on. The cast, stagecraft, and all others involved are so talented.”

As for her personal experience in musical theater, Bryan expresses, “I’ve seen and been a part of such a welcoming group of people. Everyone in the class is so accepting and kind.” 

The musical theater program hopes that students, teachers, and all members of the community will support the arts by coming to see The Sound of Music!