CTE Stars of Farragut

CTE Stars of Farragut

Twinkle twinkle little stars!

A big event is coming up at Farragut High School! This Friday, Feb. 28, 2020, the CTE Stars of Farragut will be performing at the school. In this contest, performers will compete in three rounds.

Round one of the CTE Stars of Farragut competition will be acapella. This means that the singer will be using only their voice to create music! 

Round two will be with music. This means that the performer will have a soundtrack or instruments in the background of their song. 

Round three will be a choice between acapella and with music. This means that the singer may choose between performing solely with their own voice, or with instrumental music in the background. 

Everyone is invited to be an audience member and watch as this contest unfolds. Emma Poindexter, a Farragut High School senior, has been to CTE Stars of Farragut before and plans to attend again.

Poindexter says, “The competition is really fun to watch. It is even more fun when you know the people competing!” 

The CTE Stars of Farragut competition is Farragut High School’s small contest among a group of singers with the goal of selecting one winner to represent Farragut in a larger competition. The larger competition is called CTE Goes Live, and this year is the 10th year in a row that this event will be held. This contest will occur on Friday, May 1, 2020 in downtown Knoxville, TN, Market Square. In this contest, a total of 15 Knox County schools will have selected one performer to represent the entire school. For Farragut, CTE Stars of Farragut is the most efficient way to choose a contestant from a bunch of students.

Photo from CTE Goes Live at Market Square.

Farragut High School’s CTE Goes Live Contestant Katie Lin. (via Twitter @CTEgoesLive)

Prior to CTE Stars of Farragut, the students competing had auditioned on Feb. 7, 2020 and were chosen by two Farragut High School educators, Michelle Brossett and Brenda Mcgrath. Each performer will have the opportunity to express their talents to the group of judges, but only one will win the chance to compete in CTE Goes Live.

As a competitor, the nerves can be extremely high. However, a lot of the students performing in CTE Stars of Farragut are more excited than afraid.

Emily Bannow, a junior in the competition, says, “I think singing in front of a large crowd is the most fun thing I can do. I’m at my happiest and best when I’m performing.”