Dress Up Week at Farragut High School

Dress up week days twitter.com

Dress up week days twitter.com

This week at Farragut High School, we are doing a dress up week.  It is the week of midterms and is right before spring break.  Farragut has chosen to have a dress up week as a mental break before spring break for all students.  

The dress up days for this week are as follows: Monday is 80s day, Tuesday is college day, Wednesday is Disney day, Thursday is beach day, and Friday is jersey day. 

Many students have spoken up about dress up day.  The students like how Farragut has incorporated a dress up week before spring break to add happiness to a stressful week.  The overall favorite dress up day chosen by the students has been jersey day.  

Favorite jersey day ajayskarate.com

¨My favorite dress up day is jersey day because I like seeing everyone’s favorite sports teams.  If I decide to dress up, it will be on jersey day.  I like dress up day because it gives a fun aspect to school,¨ said sophomore Grace McHenry.  

¨My favorite dress up day is jersey day because I think it is fun to have a deeper connection by asking a guy for his jersey but still being fun and light hearted.  I am planning on dressing up for jersey day this week.  I think it is a good thing that we are having dress up week because it gives students something to look forward to,¨ said sophomore Maddie Crandall.  

¨I am probably going to dress up on one of the days because I like to show school spirit.  I am going to dress up on beach day and jersey day.  My favorite dress up day is beach day because it gives me a pass to wear tropical flannels to school.  I feel like it is the right week to do a dress up week because it’s the week before spring break,¨ said junior Brandan Pierce. 

Pierce has been the only student who´s favorite dress up day is not jersey day, but is beach day. 

¨I am going to dress up for jersey day because I play a Farragut sport so it is easier.  My favorite dress up day is jersey day because it is the only one I am doing. I think it would be a good idea to have a hat day as one of the options,¨ said sophomore Matthew Pulver. 

Pulver gives a suggestion for a new addition to dress up week.  He thinks that hat day should be an option. 

¨This week I am going to dress up for jersey day.  I think the idea of a dress up week before spring break is a great idea to lead us into it.  My favorite is jersey day because throwback jerseys are pretty cool,¨ said sophomore Ty Finnegan. 

Thank you to Farragut High School for giving the students an option to dress up the week before spring break.  Make sure to come to school dressed up before we leave for spring break!!