What’s Happening at FHS This Week

Along with all the spring sports going on this week, there are a couple more notable events taking place in Farragut High School. HOSA is holding their state competition this week, and the FHS Comedy Improv Team would love to see students attending their show this Friday!

HOSA is a student-run organization that promotes career opportunities found in the healthcare field, as well as participating in projects for the community. Farragut’s HOSA 2020-2021 club officers include: David Lee (President of Competitions), Hayle Kim (President of Activities), Vrinda Rana (President Elect), Reva Bagi (Secretary), Selom Bediako (Treasurer), Yasha Doddabele (Historian), Archana Ramesh (Historian), and Audrey Richards (Reporter). HOSA is competing in a state competition this Monday through Friday. In order to partake in the competition, students are either testing for their individual events or engaging in zoom meetings with their teammates for judges. The competition has a wide range of topics that it focuses on and ways to compete, as well. 

Image from HOSA’s Instagram @farraguthosa

HOSA Historian Yasha Doddabele explains the purpose for the events the competition includes by stating, “They’re all meant to introduce students to the field of medicine and related sciences.” 

Students may choose to do a study topic like nutrition, take part in group events like public health, create a presentation for events like public speaking, and so on. 

When asked to elaborate on how students will be scored, Doddabele describes, “After the students have competed this week, they will receive a score or placement, and the top three competitors or teams in each event will advance to internationals.” 

Good luck to all the students competing this week!

Additionally, if students are looking for a fun activity to kick off the weekend, the FHS Comedy Improv Show will be this Friday! The show will be held in the FHS Main Auditorium with doors opening at 6:30 p.m. and the show starting at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $5. Due to COVID restrictions, capacity is limited, so if you plan on attending, make sure to get there early!

2020-2021 FHS Comedy Improv Team via their Instagram @fhscomedyimprov