The Four-Day Weekend at FHS!

In America, holidays are celebrated by most individuals. Nearly everybody has a favorite holiday, whether it be Halloween or Christmas. As many Americans know, Easter is on this upcoming Sunday, April 4th. While many individuals know Easter as a time for Easter egg hunts and the Easter bunny coming to town, the holiday has a much deeper meaning. Easter is the Christian holiday and festival that commemorates the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead; this holiday’s meaning can be very special to religious individuals. 

Photo derived from crosswalk.com.

As a result of Easter, students have no school the Friday before Easter as well as the Monday after Easter. These two days off are often referred to as “Good Friday” and “Easter Monday.” Good Friday represents the day that Jesus was crucified and this day has been seen to be very touching for religious individuals. Easter Monday is not a federal holiday but there is typically an egg rolling race at the white house. These two days off leave students with a four-day weekend! At Farragut High School, most students are very excited about this four-day weekend.

Farragut High School is shown in this photo taken by Sara Lang.

“I’m excited because I’ll be able to sleep in and I’ll be able to catch up on some school work…I’m also going to go hiking and will have a picnic with one of my friends,” exclaims Ana Depres, a senior at Farragut High School, in excitement for the upcoming weekend. 

This extra time off is seen as a break from school for most students, but some students are still excited for Easter itself. 

“I’m really excited because I can get a break from school and physics… I’m also excited for Easter so I can eat candy,” states sophomore Natalie Osorio as she anticipates this four-day weekend. 

While Easter is celebrated in different ways by different people, it is a holiday that many individuals utilize to get together with family. This will be the second Easter that will occur while the COVID pandemic has been around. Students at Farragut High School will most definitely enjoy this time away from school while also staying safe during the pandemic.